Apple Pay FAQs
Apple Pay is an easier way to pay. Apple Pay is an application for your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or newer iPhone, that allows you to pay for items using your iPhone as opposed to using your plastic card. This is available at participating merchants that have a contactless NFC reader at their retail location. You can also use Apple Pay with some in-app purchases on your iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and above, that is connected with an Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3.
Add a card to your iPhone or iPad:
- On your iPhone, open Wallet. On your iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add Credit or Debit Card.
- If you have a supported credit or debit card on file with iTunes, enter the card’s security code. Otherwise, use the camera to capture the information on your credit, debit, or store card. Then fill in any additional information needed, including the card security code.
- Tap Next. Your bank will verify your information and decide if you can add your card to Apple Pay. If they need more information, they'll ask you to provide additional verification. You can verify your card any time after you add it. Just return to Wallet on iPhone or Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay on iPad, and follow the steps.
- After your card is verified, tap Next. Then you can start using Apple Pay.
Apple Pay utilizes Near Field Communication (NFC) in order to make contactless payments possible at enabled payment terminals. Apple Pay uses your iPhone’s TouchID sensor to validate the user in the transaction. A unique digital code (token) is created specifically for your device. This token is used to authorize purchases in place of your card. It is not readable, usable, or understandable by anyone other than your financial institution. This process creates a fast, simple, and secure payment process for consumers and businesses alike.
- Follow Apple Pay set up instructions
- Add your card to the Wallet app
- Put your compatible iPhone near the contactless payment terminal
- Use default card or select appropriate card for payment
- Place your thumb on the TouchID sensor on your iPhone
Yes. Apple Pay does not store or pass on your card number directly. A unique digital code (token) is created specifically for your device. This token is used to authorize purchases in place of your card. It is not readable, usable, or understandable by anyone other than your financial institution. In addition your fingerprint needs to be verified using your phone’s TouchID to authorize the purchase.
There is no fee to use Apple Pay; however, depending on your cell phone plan, messaging and data rates may apply.
To use Apple Pay in-store, you must have an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, or an Apple Watch that is paired with an iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 Plus. You can also use Apple Pay on iPhone 6, 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 for in-app payments only. To learn more about how to use Apple Pay, please visit apple.com/apple-pay.
Yes. Your Abri Credit Union Debit & Credit card can be used with Apple Pay to pay for purchases in participating stores and within participating apps.
Apple Pay is accepted in over one million stores nationwide. You can use Apple Pay to make payments with supported devices in stores wherever contactless payments are accepted. Just look for the contactless and/or Apple Pay symbol at checkout.
You can also use Apple Pay in participating merchant apps with supported devices. Look for the “Buy with Apple Pay” or “Apple Pay” button at checkout within the apps. Visit http://www.apple.com/apple-pay for a list of merchants where in-app payments are accepted.
Yes. Apple Pay will work on contactless terminals for international payments.
Still Have Questions?
Call us at (866) 469-6228 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org