The Smart Option Student Loan® for Abri* by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options, competitive rates, and no origination fee! The Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae® is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. Learn more & apply today
Important Things to Know About Paying for College
- A choice of competitive rates for undergraduate students. Variable interest rates from 2.62% APR to 9.69% APR. We also offer fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 11.85% APR.1
- Lower rates for graduate students. Variable interest rates from 2.62% APR to 7.62% APR. Fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 8.56% APR.1
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty.
- Lower interest rate - Receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled payments by automatic debit.2
- Borrow up to 100% of your school-certified cost of attendance.3
- Cosigner Release Available. After graduation a borrower may apply for their cosigner to be released from the loan once they have made 12 consecutive, on-time principal and interest payments and meet certain credit requirements.4
- Pay now or later - Defer your payments until after school or choose an in-school repayment option that fits your needs.1
- Graduated Repayment Period - The Smart Option Student Loan is the only nationwide private student loan offering a Graduated Repayment Period feature6, providing budget flexibility for graduating students. Students who graduate and in their Sallie Mae loans in good standing can request to make 12 interest-only payments instead of full principal and interest payments after their separation period.7
- A quick credit result - Applying online is fast and easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result.
TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!
ENCOURAGE RESPONSIBLE BORROWING
We encourage students and families to supplement their savings by exploring grants, scholarships, federal and state student loans, and to consider the anticipated monthly payments on their total student loan debt and their expected future earnings before considering a private education loan.
* The Sallie Mae partner referenced is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.